Mana Lions Major Fund Raising Activities
"Eat, Drink and Be Crafty" fair at Battle Hill Farm Park
This popular community event is held annually in late January, with proceeds going to support the Wellington Free Ambulance and other local charities.
"Eat, Drink and Be Crafty" - 2020
Ronald McDonald House Annual Golf Tournament
Ronald McDonald House is a Lions project that was started by Silverstream Lions and taken on board by our District. Together we contributed to a whole wing of rooms at Ronald McDonald House in Wellington known as "The Lions Den". Mana Lions together with Johnsonville and Karori Lions purchased a room in the Den.
Mana Lions President (left) and Golf Tournament Project Manager (right) present a cheque to Ronald McDonald House after the 2018 Tournament
Other Mana Lions Activities
Mana Lions Club supports a range of other activities throughout the year. They include:
- Street collections for national and local charities including: Child Cancer Appeal; Red Poppy Appeal; Red Puppy Appeal; Mary Potter Hospice; Wellington Free Ambulance; Pink Ribbon Appeal.
- Wellington Regional Council pest trapping programme at Battle Hill Farm Park.
- Annual Porirua Senior Citizens Christmas Party Luncheon.
- Selling Lions Christmas cakes in support of Camp Quality for inspiring children with cancer. Click here for more information on Camp Quality
- Financial support (via funds raised from Club projects) for local service organisations and local people requiring assistance.
- Construction of a BBQ shelter at Battle Hill Farm Park.
One local charity supported by Mana Lions is WELLfed - an oustanding initiative led by local people in Porirua aimed at giving family members basic cooking skills, recipes and kitchen equipment to prepare and make their own healthy meals and food at home. Click here for more information on WELLfed
The picture below shows Mana Lion Roger Watkin presenting a cheque for $600 to Rebecca Morahan, Co-Founder and Co-CEO of WELLfed.