What are Lions Clubs?
Lions International is the world's largest non-political service club organisation with more than 1.4 million members around the world.
Lions Clubs New Zealand represents the 10,000 members belonging to Lions Clubs across NZ and the Pacific Islands.
Funds raised by Lions Clubs from club activities, work programmes and other sources are used solely for charitable purposes.
Lions Clubs enjoy making a positive difference and make a strong commitment to serve and support their local and regional communities.
Lions Clubs are made up of members using their knowledge, experience, energy and enthusiasm to help make a difference for others.
What Makes a Good Lion?
- The desire to fulfil the obligations and meet the expectations of being a member of Mana Lions Club
- Possesses integrity
- Has empathy for fellow human beings
- Makes a commitment "To Serve" and shows a willingness to devote personal time for Mana Lions Club activities
- Consistently behaves in a socially acceptable manner
- Is a team player
- Demonstrates compatibility with the Club culture
- Unites in the desire to make a difference for others
- Is willing to take responsibility for leadership when appropriate, and the humility to follow the leadership of others when required